Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Catching Up

Over the past year I have documented my unicorn encounters. Starting January 1st 2011 I will embark on my "Unicorn A Day Journey."
I am also starting to plan out a Unicorn inspired thesis

Outline:

1:Artwork

Artwork that I have created about Unicorns

2:Writing

Unicorns found in literature, poetry, and the Bible

3:Mythology

This will contain the Unicorn Tapestries and other forms of mythological representations of unicorns in world cultures

4:Scientific

This section will show proof of unicorns in scientific research

5:Popular culture

Unicorns in modern art, commercials, video games, etc.

6:Movies

Subtle or blatant use of unicorns in movies since the dawn of film making

7:Facebook

Every unicorn wall post I have received from friends. I hope to one day receive a total of 216 unicorn posts (the number of birthday posts received on my wall on my 21st birthday)

THESIS TOPICS

-Unicorns representational as Homosexuality as a Sex

Looking at gender as a performative action, each sex has a range of gender performances. There is the man's man to the metro sexual and conversely our ultimate housewife to the ultra feminist earth mother. I respect that these are all stereotypical extreme generalizations. I plan on the continued use of Unicorns as representative of the spectrum of gender performances in gay men ranging from your flaming fem to the macho macho man.

-Unicorns Become More Masculine over Time

The true form of the unicorn has a physiological makeup closer to a billie goat than a full grown horse. But more recently representations of unicorns have grown full muscled white horses. What is stronger than that? A robot, “Robot Unicorn Attack.”

-Sharing of Stories

This Research was done because of the internet and to show that the internet is the descendant of history's the story teller. To take this a step further I want to consider organizing a library the way the internet is organized and how our browsing techniques are very specific. I will make a card catalogue for all things unicorn found in a library and create a unicorn section in the library.

-Unicorn VS. Lions (The other ruler of the forest)

The lion versus unicorn territorial dispute between power and rule of the forest. There is a hierarchal struggle between who is in charge of protecting terrain. It is my scientific suggestion that the lion is in charge of protecting the animal balance whereas the unicorn watches over the habitat. The unicorn is the initial protector of the earth.

-Unicorn-a-day

Find a unicorn or make a unicorn each day

which has led me to creating this blog

No comments:

Post a Comment